KSHSAA Tennis
Tennis

NEW FOR 2019-2020

Girls Season Only: Heat Acclimatization Practice Rules (required for all fall KSHSAA activities)

See KSHSAA Rule 30-1-8 for details and page 8 in the 2019-2020 KSHSAA Tennis Manual.

Classifications

6A=36 schools; 5A=36 schools; 4A= 36 schools; 3A=64 schools; 2A=64 schools; 1A=117 schools.
In the sports of tennis, there are 4 classifications: 6A, 5A, 4A and 3-2-1A. All of the schools in 4A and 3-2-1A will be grouped by enrollment. The top 40% of the schools will compete in class 4A and the remaining 60% will compete in 3-2-1A.

Regional Competition Playing Days

Based on projections for the new classification procedure and the number of schools that participate in tennis, Classes 6A and 3-2-1A will have a 2 day regional tournament. Classes 5A and 4A will play their regional tournaments in one day. (NOTE: In classifications of 33 of more participating schools, a 2 day tournaments will be conducted).

Written Records Online

Records for all players participating at a school must be entered online. This will include all regular season competition and postseason competition. See page 18 of the Tennis Manual for complete details.

Manual Information

Please be aware of some new information in the 2019-2020 KSHSAA Tennis Manual.

  • Page 10 - CPR/AED Training Required for All Coaches
    (head coach & assistant coaches)
  • Page 10 - Summer Moratorium Information
  • Page 12 - All Coaches Must Wear Wristband at Postseason Tournaments
  • Page 16 - Postseason Hosting Information
  • Page 19 - Request for Line Judge
  • Page 26 - State Tournament Tiebreaking Criteria

NO PETS ALLOWED AT KSHSAA POSTSEASON EVENTS. Service animals specifically trained to aid a person with a disability are welcome.





 

 

Untitled Document
Current Boys Champions Current Girls Champions

6A

5A

4A

3-2-1A

Shawnee Mission East

Salina-Central

Topeka-Hayden

Wichita-Collegiate

6A
 

5A

4A

3-2-1A

OP-Blue Valley North (Tie)
Shawnee Mission East (Tie)

Wichita-Kapaun Mt. Carmel

Wichita-Collegiate

PV-Kansas City Christian


[Previous State Champions]


[Previous State Champions]

 
Untitled Document